[ · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Programs & Internet » Computer » [Fix] Metro Icons are Not Displaying Properly in Windows 8 (Fix If Metro Icons are Not Displaying Properly in Win8 & 8.1)
[Fix] Metro Icons are Not Displaying Properly in Windows 8
AhmadTheghostDate: Friday, 2014-04-18, 2:26 AM | Message # 1
I Shall Rise Again
Group: Ghost Administrators
So whats up amigos, I will give you the best solution for this common problem/Issue

This article will help you troubleshoot another Windows 8 issue wherein vertical rectangles or weird characters are appearing instead of the normal Metro icons. This occurs in various places such as in the Start Screen, in the Login Screen, and in several Windows Store apps such as Mail, Weather, Finance, and others. You will also notice that the scrollbar arrows at the Start Screen are replaced by these weird vertical rectangles. Below is a sample screenshot of the problem :

Since the system could not find the required icons to display, Windows 8 will start showing weird characters instead of the normal Metro icons. Another possible cause of this problem is when a third-party software replaces the
default Segoe UI Symbol font with its older version

NOTE : For Windows 8, you must be using version 5.90 of the Segoe UI Symbol font as shown in the image below. Otherwise, you or a third-party software may have replaced it with an older version (v. 5.01) of the font.

If you are having this display problem, follow the steps below:
Reinstalling the Segoe UI Symbol Font
STEP 1: Get the Segoe UI Symbol font file by performing any of the following options:

OPTION 1:
Copy the Font from Another Windows 8 ComputerYou can copy the Segoe UI Symbol font from another Windows 8 computer, and then paste it to your computer’s system. To locate the Segoe UI Symbol font, follow the steps below:

STEP 1: On the other Windows 8 computer, press the (Windows logo + R) keys to launch the Run window.
STEP 2: In the Open field, enter “Fonts” then click OK.
STEP 3: When the Fonts folder appears, scroll down the list and look for the Segoe UI Symbol font.
STEP 4: Right-click on the font, then select Copy, and then paste the file onto a removable media such as a USB flash drive.
STEP 5: Connect the USB flash drive to your Windows 8 computer, then paste the font file in your computer’s Fonts folder, and then proceed to main Step 2.

OPTION 2:
Download the Font Online
STEP 1: To download the Segoe UI Symbol font file, click HERE.
STEP 2: Extract the file using WinZip or any file extracting software, then proceed to main Step 2.
STEP 2: Once you have the original Segoe UI Symbol font file, right-click on it, then select Install.

NOTE : Our Font Version is (6.06), When you download it you have to Extract it then when you open it it will say version
(5.90, 5.00, etc) so don't worry just install and restart it will fix your problem and also if you open the font again it will say version 6.06.

STEP 3: If a confirmation screen appears asking you if you want to replace the existing font, click Yes.
STEP 4: Restart your computer in order for the newly installed font to take effect.

biggrin

Good Luck To You All
Attachments: 1708963.png(264.5 Kb) · 4459865.png(19.0 Kb) · 8633696.png(30.9 Kb)

Am a Coder, I Respect you if You Respect me

Dim You As Integer = AnyUser
If You Piss Me Off Then
msgbox("I Will Code Your Face")
End If

Forum » Programs & Internet » Computer » [Fix] Metro Icons are Not Displaying Properly in Windows 8 (Fix If Metro Icons are Not Displaying Properly in Win8 & 8.1)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: